Prelude: What about Gog and Magog? When does it happen?
- Options: Pre-Trib. (before or after Rapture), at start of Tribulation, mid-Trib., end of Tribulation
- Clues: (1) burning of weapons for seven years (implying perpetual victory and rejoicing) and (2) unwalled cities (implying peace and safety)
- Conclusion: Gog and Magog appears to be before the Tribulation (when Israel has peace following military dominance: Psalm 83 War). For seven years Israel will victoriously use the spoils of the enemy. This is hard to reconcile with any other viewpoint.
How is the Tribulation divided up?
- 1,260 days or 42 months
- The division is due to the “abomination of desolation.”
What will happen in the first half (the “night”)?
- Seven “seals”
- Four Horsemen, martyrs, earthquake, silence in heaven/storm/earthquake
- Seven “trumpets” (last are the three “woes”)
- Hail and fire, great mountain hits sea, Wormwood, celestial bodies darkened by 1/3, demonic locusts, four angels and 200 million demonic horsemen, heavenly proclamation/storm/earthquake
- Ministry of the Two Witnesses (Jewish evangelism in temple)
- Sealing of the 144,000 Witnesses (worldwide evangelism)
- Persecution of Christians by the Harlot
What will happen in the second half (the “day”)?
- Seven “vials/bowls”
- Sores, sea turns to blood and everything in it dies, rivers and fountains turn to blood, sun scorches unbelievers, darkness, Euphrates dried up (evil spirits gather nations), storm/earthquake (worse than any before)/Babylon destroyed
- Witnesses killed and resurrected.
- Antichrist overthrows “Mystery Babylon” and establishes final phase of RRE (involving worship of his image and the Mark).
- Antichrist pursues Jews (many of whom are sheltered by God).
- Christ returns for the Battle of Armageddon.
Author: James Buddy Smith
Ark of Hope